Minidoka County Fair Board

Total Votes: 0  
Interest: 613

85 E. Baseline Road
Rupert, Idaho 83350

Email Us
View Mobile Site

Administrative Login

Display Number: 54550
Emergency Cooking / Food Preservation

Emergency Cooking / Food Preservation

Emergency cooking will involve an open flame. You must have proper ventilation, a window or door open 1 inch will provide sufficient fresh air if the open flame cooking device is placed in front of (or close to) the opening. This keeps exhaust fumes from spreading through the room. Do not leave a propane camp stove, or the burners on a natural gas stove burning while you sleep. Do not use charcoal briquettes inside for cooking-doing this has killed people. Do not use wood inside a house for cooking unless you have a fireplace or a properly installed wood stove. If you need a campfire, build it in a safe place outside. 

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include a headache, lethargy, blurry vision, the room feels "stuffy', ringing in the ears. If symptoms occur, get fresh air into the room immediately or move everybody out fast. Pregnant women and unborn babies are, particularly at risk. Seek medical attention! A box of baking soda is a good emergency fire extinguisher; sugar is not.

Wood Stoves, Fireplaces, Dutch Ovens, Charcoal Briquettes & Gas Grills
Use bricks to make a stand for a pot or to hold a grill in an open fireplace. Dutch ovens can be cooked in fires outside in the yard or in the fireplace. Charcoal briquettes can be used with cast iron skillets, Dutch ovens, and other pots and pans, but such cooking must be done outside. 

Click Here to Learn More

Your browser must support cookies to use the shopping cart.
Minidoka County Fair Board located at
Leann Smith
85 E. Baseline Road
Rupert, ID 83350

About Minidoka County
Minidoka County is filled with rich history and beautiful scenic views. Minidoka County is a wonderful place to visit and an even better place to live! Please take a moment to explore Minidoka County History.