The first inhabitants of this land were the Maidu Indians. They camped by the edge of the boggy lake to hunt and fish; long before the west end of the lake was dammed. Look around and you will find obsidian shards left from the making of arrowheads. The Maidu probably traded for obsidian, as there is none in this area. The old well, built in 1936 has grinding stones embedded in its sides, more than likely found nearby. The first non-native inhabitants were dairymen, drawn to this area by the meadow. President Rutherford B. Hayes granted the 160 acres in 1880 through a patent. Passing through many hands in the last 135 years, it has been used for logging, cattle, and trout farming. The largest lawn had a hatchery and fish runs until a few years ago. The original cabin, built in the 1930s on the lawn with the arbor, burned down in the winter of 1998. The current owners purchased the ranch in 1996.
A private 160 acre ranch, surrounded by National Forest, close to town and Lassen Park - Juniper Lake entrance.
We are "off the grid" powered by a 1920's era Pelton Wheel.
We can host a magical wedding for 50 or 250 on acres of lawn on the shore of our private lake. Weddings have the use of the ranch for 4 days.
Facilities include: An onsite kitchen for caterer's use, very nice restrooms, many options for events and wonderful pictures.