About Us Lee Motor Company

Lee Motor Company Inc. was founded on February 25, 1925, by John T. Lee Sr. in Frisco City, Alabama (then called Jones Mill). From 1925 to 1933, Lee Motor Company operated as a Ford dealership. Mr. Lee was able to purchase the Ford dealership after a local dealer was terminated by Ford Motor Company for discounting a new car by $5. In May of 1933, John Lee ended his Ford franchise in favor of Chevrolet Motor Division. At the time, Lee Motor Company operated dealerships in both Jones Mill and Monroeville. In 1937, Buick was added to Lees line up. In May of 1940, Lee Motor Company moved to its present location at 31 S. Alabama Ave, Monroeville. Later in 1941, the Frisco City operation was closed permanently.

John T. Lee Sr. was succeeded by his son, J.T. Lee Jr. as company president in 1961, who was followed by his son, Tommy Lee, in 1982. In 1985, Chrysler, Plymouth, and Dodge were offered at Lee Motor Company after Chrysler Motor Company terminated the local dealer. Lee Motor Company acquired Pontiac in 1994; Oldsmobile in 1997; and Jeep in 1998. General Motors ended the Oldsmobile franchise in 2001. Shortly thereafter, Lee Motor Company negotiated with GM for the GMC Truck franchise after terminating its franchises with DaimlerChrysler.

In December 2013, Lee Motor Company was purchased by Rusty Sibley and father and son pair, John Crum Sessions and John Henry Sessions. The Sessions also own and operate the successful smoked meat business, Conecuh Sausage, of Evergreen, Alabama.

Lee Motor Company

Rusty Sibley,
31 South Alabama Avenue
Monroeville, Alabama 36461
251-575-3200
Access our Mobile App by texting LEEMOTOR to 72727
Subscribed

Top