Stevens-Henager College was founded in West Haven (Ogden), Utah, in September 1891 by Professor J.A. Smith as the Intermountain Business College. The Colleges purpose was to teach commercial subjects and place graduates in business positions. The College was known over the following 68 years as Smithsonian Business College, Moench University of Business, and West Haven (Ogden) Business College. In 1959 the name was changed to Stevens-Henager College. The main campus is in West Haven (Ogden), and branches were established in Orem (Provo), Utah, in June 1978; Murray (Salt Lake City), Utah, in August 1999; Logan, Utah, in October 2001; and in Boise, Idaho, in April 2004.