About D. L. Evans Bank

Small business beginnings

A pioneering group of southern Idaho businessmen founded D. L. Evans Bank on September 15, 1904, in Albion, Idaho. Located in a one-story frame building, it was Cassia County's first bank. State Senator D. L. Evans called the first stockholders meeting to order and the stockholders elected the bank's first directors and officers.

D. L. Evans was elected President; A. Lounsbury, Vice President; and J. A. Givens, Treasurer, and Cashier. The directors were D. L. Evans, L. L. Evans, and W. G. Jenkins, all of Malad City, Idaho, and Judge Drew W. Standrod of Pocatello, Idaho. The bank was capitalized with $25,000.

Communities developed in the following years, and with more people, the demand for bank services grew. In 1910, the bank moved to a two-story stone building in Albion, where it stayed for 60 years.

The recession of the 1930s closed most banks in Idaho, but D. L. Evans Bank survived, continuing to provide customers with essential services. In 1970 the Albion branch moved to its current location, a modern building on the corner of Market and Main street. (The bank has since moved its headquarters to Burley, Idaho.)

D. L. Evans Bank

Chimene Smith,
397 N. Overland
Burley, Idaho 83318
(208)678-9076
Access our Mobile App by texting DLEB to 72727
Subscribed

Top