The Monroeville Fire/Rescue Department was first established in 1921 when a local businessman, Mr. Fred Sheffield, acquired a second hand one ton truck and equipped it with a 250 gallon water tank and pump.
Mr. Sheffield became the first official fire chief in 1930, when the City Of Monroeville, officially made the Monroeville Volunteer Fire Department, the fire dept for the city and purchased its first factory built fire engine.
The fire department continued to grow throughout the years and in 1988, Monroeville had it first paid firefighter.
Today, the combination department has five fulltime employees and 37 volunteers, manning three stations, three 1250 gpm pumpers, a 65 aerial, 2 rescue units and a quick attack brush unit.
Monroeville Fire/Rescue has a class 3 ISO rating and provides multiple services for its citizens.
In addition to fire suppression, we offer fire prevention and education, vehicle extrication, confined space rescue, high angle rope rescue, hazardous materials response teams and medical support to local ems.
The fire department covers an area of approximately 30 square miles within the city limits for fire suppression and responds throughout the county for vehicle extrication, haz-mat incidents and confined space.
The Monroeville Fire/Rescue Departments mission is to provide citizens of the City of Monroeville with a professional, highly trained and compassionate staff, to eliminate or effectively control any emergency situation whether created naturally or manmade in a timely manner to eliminate the adverse effects of life or property.
Monroeville Fire Rescue Department
Billy Wayne Black 251/575-2084 160 East Claiborne Street P.O. Box 147 Monroeville, Alabama 36460
Texting: monroevillefirerescue to 72727 Email Us