United Electric Co-Op, Inc.
Total Votes: 0
1330 21st St.
Heyburn, Idaho 83336
Email Us Home View Mobile Site
Display Number: 51538
Electricity makes many things possible in our lives but it must be respected and not taken for granted. The safety of our members and employees is a top priority for United Electric Co-op. If you have any questions or concerns pertaining to safety please call (208) 679-2222.
United Electric’s goal is to keep its members and employees safe. Education is the key. Upon request, we provide safety demonstrations for schools, civic organizations, and emergency personnel. For information please call (208) 679-2222.
Summer Safety Tips
Work Safely Around Electricity
- Look up and around – always be aware of the location of power lines.
- Be especially careful when working near power lines attached to your house. Keep equipment and yourself at least 10 feet from lines.
- Never trim trees near power lines. If you see a tree growing too near power lines, call (208) 679-2222 to report it.
- Never climb a utility pole and never attach anything to a utility pole.
- If your project includes digging, like building a deck or planting a tree, call Idaho Dig Line at 811 or 800-342-1585 for underground locates at least two business days before you dig. This prevents the inconvenience of having utilities interrupted and can help you avoid serious injury.
- Electricity and water do not mix! If it’s raining or the ground is wet, avoid using electric yard tools.
- Protect outdoor electrical outlets with weatherproof covers and ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs). Indoor outlets near water sources should also have GFCIs.
Play Safely Around Electricity
- Stay away from power lines. Always assume they are "live and dangerous".
- Never climb trees near power lines.
- Never touch outdoor wires with any part of your body or other objects.
- Fly kites and model airplanes in large open areas like a park or a field, safely away from trees and overhead power lines. If a kite gets stuck in a tree near power lines, do not climb up to get it. Call (208) 679-2222 for assistance.
- Never go into an electric substation for any reason. Electric substations contain high-voltage equipment that can kill you. Never rescue a pet that goes inside. If a substation needs to be entered call (208) 679-2222.
Click Here to Learn More
Your browser must support cookies to use the shopping cart.
"It is the mission of United Electric Co-op to provide safe, reliable power at reasonable rates, with exceptional service and commitment to the members."