Atria Del Sol
Total Votes: 13
23792 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo, California 92692
Email Us Home View Mobile Site
Display Number: 36995
Starting a conversation with a family member about moving to a senior living community can be difficult. If you’re feeling nervous, uncomfortable or guilty bringing up the subject, the following tips can make the conversation a little easier.
- Be prepared. Do your research before the conversation takes place so you can provide thorough information about senior living, assisted living* and independent living options.
- Let everyone have a role. Invite all parties involved to talk openly about options. Make sure your family members feel their concerns are being heard.
- Talk when you’re at your best. Choose a moment when you and your family are rested and feeling well.
- Choose a partner. Consider inviting a trusted outside party to join in the discussion, such as a family physician, clergy member or family friend.
- Listen. Hearing and understanding everyone’s wishes and concerns is imperative.
- Revisit. Don’t expect to reach a decision instantly. Many people discuss senior living options over the course of several communications, and it’s important to give your family members some time to absorb the information you share.
For more advice on having a constructive conversation with your parent, see this helpful guide.
Click Here to Learn More
Your browser must support cookies to use the shopping cart.
It's what we all feel instinctively and science backs it up. A growing body of research shows that those who live in a caring, connected environment enjoy greater health and well-being than those who are isolated. At Atria, we are dedicated to creating vibrant communities where older adults realize healthier, happier, more meaningful lives trading in loneliness for the company of neighbors, inactivity for movement, and boredom for purposeful engagement.