Azusa Light & Water
Total Votes: 0
729 N. Azusa Ave.
Azusa, California 91702
Email Us View Mobile Site
Display Number: 30696
- Check toilets, pipes and faucets for leaks. Food coloring dropped into the toilet tank will seep into the bowl if the toilet leaks. Even a small leak can waste hundreds of gallons a month.
- Stop using the toilet as a trash can or ash tray. Throw paper waste, cigarettes, etc. in the trash.
- Take shorter showers. Save up to 5-10 gallons for every minute you cut back.
- Turn off the water after you wet your toothbrush.
- Rinse your razor in the sink.
- Wash full loads in your dishwasher and washing machine.
- Don’t leave the water running while rinsing dishes or cleaning vegetables. Put in the stopper and fill the sink with water.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean sidewalks and driveways.
- Wash your car or house windows with a bucket of soapy water, and only use the hose for a quick rinse..
- Plant drought resistant plants and shrubs.
- Put a layer of mulch around trees and plants to retain moisture.
- Use a timer to remember to turn off sprinklers. Allow no more than 5 minutes per zone.
- Adjust sprinklers to water the lawn not the pavement.
Click Here to Learn More
Your browser must support cookies to use the shopping cart.
Due to improved water supply conditions as a result of rainfall statewide over the past 6 months, the Governor rescinded his Emergency Drought order on April 7th. The State Water Board followed by eliminating mandatory conservation standards for water agencies, but left in place mandatory water use restrictions for customers.
In parts of California water supply is plentiful, however, the local Main San Gabriel Basin underground aquifer (water) levels remain below the desired operating range. Given the variability of rainfall in Southern California, it is important to remain vigilant with respect to water use and continue conservation as a way of life.
ALWs customers have done a great job saving water and meeting every drought challenge posed in recent years. Thank you!