Dance Centre of Northwest Ohio
Studio Information and Policies – Dance Season 2015-2016
The undersigned student or parent/guardian hereby holds the Dance Centre of Northwest Ohio harmless from any bodily injuries sustained while on the premises. The undersigned student or parent/guardian hereby holds the Dance Centre of Northwest Ohio harmless from any bodily injuries sustained while participating in a performance, attending a performance or attending dance workshops or competitions at other locations or cities. It is also understood that the Dance Centre of Northwest Ohio will not be held responsible for the loss or damage of any personal articles during participation in this program on these premises or during participation in a performance, attending a performance or attending dance workshops or competitions at other locations or cities.
Yes, I have read the information and I understand the “policies” for the Dance Centre. I agree to pay the tuition that was quoted to me by the 10th of each month. I understand that if tuition is not received by the Dance Centre by the 10th of each month, I will incur a late fee of $18.00 (see #2 for more information) for that months tuition. I also agree to abide by the policies as stated below.
Date: _________ Student’s Name: Parent’s Signature:
PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN ONE COPY PER STUDENT
Please keep one copy for your reference
1. The teachers of the Dance Centre of Northwest Ohio invite parents to observe their child’s/children's classes at anytime. This is to be aware of the progress she/he is making, to see how each class is conducted, to take notes on the material they are learning and to be aware of any pertinent information regarding the studio. We believe the students whose parent/parents attend regularly, are more interested and make greater progress.
2. Tuition is due on the first lesson of each month for 10 months (September - June). Tuition remains the same whether it is a long (5-week) or short (3-week) month and regardless of absences. If lessons are not paid by the 10th of the month, a $18.00 late fee is added to the first month that tuition is past due. A $25.00 late fee will be added to those accounts that are past due the second consecutive month and each consecutive month after. There is a $36.00 charge for all returned checks. Statements will not be sent unless your account is two months past due, this will include late fees. After two months, students will not be able to continue unless the account is current.
If a student discontinues their studies during the dance season the parent/guardian must notify the Dance Centre. The student will be obligated to pay tuition for only that month if tuition has not already been received.
If a student is absent from class for 4 consecutive weeks (one month) regardless of the reason and returns to class, you are still responsible for tuition for that current month.
JUNE TUITION IS THE REGULAR MONTHLY FEE - (See item #14).
3. If a student is absent, they are entitled to a “make-up” class. The student would attend another class, possibly on another day and a different time for their “make-up” lesson. Your teacher will be able to recommend a “make-up” lesson.
4. During the winter months there may be an occasion to cancel lessons because of severe weather. The studio will not necessarily close for snow days, regardless if the area schools are closed, since many times the roads are clear and safe by
2:00 p.m. If the weather looks threatening, please call the studio for a recording that will inform you about class cancellations. You can also tune to Channel 13News-ABC (or their web site) or visit our website at dancecentreofnwo.com for the cancellation. The decision to cancel classes will not be made until 2:00 p.m.
5. The first lesson of each weekday cancelled due to inclement weather will not be rescheduled. Lessons cancelled thereafter will be rescheduled for a make-up lesson. Lessons cancelled due to teacher’s absence will be rescheduled.
6. The Dance Centre completes each season with an annual recital. Students are not obligated to participate. If they do make the commitment they will be expected to purchase a recital costume. Costume cost is approximately $55.00 - $70.00. There are no refunds given on recital costumes.
7. The recital is held in June of each year and there are two performances. Each student is expected to participate in both performances if they have made this commitment.
8. Ticket sales pay for the rental of the theatre and technicians. Fathers and family members pay for each performance they attend. Mothers purchase tickets for both performances at a discount.
9. Recital costumes will not be ordered for those students with lesson balances. Students who have a lesson balance at the end of the year will not be allowed to perform in the recital.
10. There are no refunds given on lessons, registration fees, recital costumes, recital tickets, dancewear or recital DVD’s.
11. There is a $36.00 charge for all returned checks.
12. Beginning May 1st through the June recital, class attendance is MANDATORY for all students.
13. There will be a complete “run through” of the recital (from the opening number to the final number) prior to Dress Rehearsal. This “run through” will begin at 5:30 p.m. and held at the studio. The rehearsal will be scheduled in four parts so that many students will not have to be at this rehearsal for the entire time. This rehearsal is scheduled to eliminate a lengthy dress rehearsal. These rehearsals are mandatory for every student and we will not accept any excuses. Each student must be present to perform each number that they are dancing. PLEASE DO NOT PUT US IN A DIFFICULT SITUATION WITH OTHER PARENTS AND STUDENTS! This rehearsal is held the Monday before the recital.
14. The complete “run through” rehearsal and the Friday night Dress Rehearsal are considered lessons/classes for each student. June tuition is the regular monthly fee regardless of the number of weekly classes each student receives for the month of June.
15. Talking must be kept to a minimum while classes are in session. When classes are held in studio #2, we ask that only one parent observes and siblings remain in the reception area. If grandparents attend class, only one grandparent may observe. Only one representative for each student may observe. Studio #2 is much smaller and classes are disrupted when too many guests attend. Siblings must always remain seated and are not allowed to participate in the class.
16. Good attendance is imperative, as absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class. Please make every effort to have your child at every class.
17. Prior to any performance, extra classes/rehearsals may be scheduled. It is very important that each student attends these extra classes. Please remember, there is no additional charge for these extra rehearsals.
18. Appropriate dance apparel is very important, the student cannot learn effectively when loose fitting or bulky clothing is worn. Please refer to the “Student Dress Code.” Students who are not properly dressed for class will not be allowed to participate.
19. Students are welcome to take additional classes in any discipline at their present level. If interested, your teacher can make this recommendation. There is an extra monthly fee for additional classes.
Please direct any questions or concerns to “Miss Carol.” We are always interested in improving our program here at The Dance Centre of Northwest Ohio.
Thank you for your support!
Click Here to Learn More
Your browser must support cookies to use the shopping cart.
Dance Centre of Northwest Ohio
6662 Providence St.
Whitehouse OH, 43571
We offer combination classes at the beginning level and single subject classes in all disciplines at the intermediate and advance levels. Our age groups are: Juniors, ages 7-9/10 years, Teens, ages 10/11-14 years and Seniors, ages 15/16-18 years. The KinderKombo Program is very popular with our preschoolers ages 3-6 years.