Liberty Mutual begins where your association coverage stops.
If you own a condominium, certain common areas of your building are likely covered by your association’s insurance, but the interior of your unit, your personal possessions and liability are not.
Condominium Insurance Coverage
If your condo is damaged by a covered loss, you’ll be covered for:
- Alterations, appliances and fixtures, and improvements that are part of the building unit where you reside
- Property for which you are responsible under your condo association agreement
- Other structures such as your shed or garage
A Liberty Mutual condo policy also protects you against many causes of loss including:
- Fire, including smoke damage
- Windstorms, lightening, hail, ice, snow or sleet
- Theft, vandalism and malicious mischief
Personal Liability Coverage
As a homeowner, your condo policy also includes personal liability coverage that covers you for thing such as injuries that occur in your home, or accidental damage to someone else’s property.
Personal Liability Coverage Details
To be more specific, personal liability coverage covers:
- Accidental bodily injury caused by you, your immediate family living in your home and even your pets
- For lawsuits filed against you seeking covered damages
- For accidental damage you cause to someone’s property
- For medical bills for someone other than you or your family, who has been in an accident on your property
- For covered loss assessed by your condo association to each owner
Getting a Condominium Insurance Quote
When you get a condo insurance quote from Liberty Mutual, we’ll do our best to automatically fill in your property information based on public records, but just in case, here’s a list of useful information to have on hand.
Condo Insurance Quote Information
- Your current condo insurance policy (if you have one)
- Approximate year your condo was built
- Number of units in your building
- Estimated value of your personal property
- Primary material on outside walls
- Any home safety devices you have (fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, dead bolts, etc.)
Bundle Condo & Auto to Save
If you have more than one policy with Liberty Mutual, you can qualify for a multi-policy discount that gets you comprehensive protection and additional savings. By bundling your Condo Insurance with your Auto Insurance, you won't just save money, you'll also enjoy the convenience of having all of your policies in one place.
Click Here to Learn More